The intestinal microflora is composed of more than 500 different bacterial species that live in a delicate balance among themselves and with the human body. The colon is the region of our gut where there is the highest concentration of bacteria, where it is estimated that there are between 10 and 100 trillion healthy bacteria.
The intestinal microflora is very important for our health because it is able to:
The intestinal ecosystem is a beautiful illustration of the strength of balances. In the fight which opposes them, beneficial bacteria keep the pathogenic bacteria away to ensure our well-being and resistance to diseases.
In the same way, our lifestyle can bring us the best – or the worst, and sometimes few changes are sufficient to regain the balance necessary for our well-being.
Here are some tips
- Now that the weather is better, Spend time in the sun to synthesise vitamin D which is essential for high spirits
- Eat a balanced diet and avoid excessive food or large meals that will waste your energy for digestion
- Avoid stress, which pollutes your mind, and take care of your mind and your body together: yoga, meditation, massage, baths with essential oils
- Sleep more or sleep better, go to bed early to recuperate and start the next day full of energy
- Try to stay in shape as much as possible, walking, running, cycling, swimming etc, whatever you can do to help stimulate endorphins and elevate your mood.